|I wanted to share another easy and delicious recipe with you all! These |
wraps are filling and light, perfect for summer!
As we focus on how we want to feel, it is important to recognize that the
foods we eat have such a HUGE impact on our energy levels! Eating foods that fuel your body and make you happy is the recipe for success! Here’s the recipe for these easy lettuce wraps!
– 2 teaspoons avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
– 1 pound ground turkey
– 5 oz shiitake mushrooms (diced)
– 1/2 cup purple onion (diced)
– 8 oz can water chestnuts (drained and diced)
– 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
– 1 teaspoon minced ginger
– salt and pepper to taste
– 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce (you can find this at any grocery store)
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
– 2 teaspoons sesame oil
– 1/3 cup green onions
– 1 head butter lettuce (you can substitute any kind of lettuce/greens)
1. Heat the avocado oil in a large pan on medium heat, then add the
ground turkey and cook thoroughly for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and
pepper to taste.
2. Add mushrooms and onion to the pan, cook until they are soft.
3. Add in chestnuts, garlic, and the ginger. Stir well and cook for one
4. Mix the hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Then add to the pan, and mix to coat the chicken evenly.
5. Turn off the heat and scoop the mixture into the lettuce leaves. Top
with green onions and serve immediately!