Are you powerless?
Do you use phrases like: “I can’t…” “I don’t…” “I’m not…” “How come I…” “Why did…” ?
These phrases are called powerless language. Sentences, about ourselves, that begin with words like these often take the power out of our capabilities. We all have struggles and there are certainly things that we have difficulty with or create a challenge for us. But, if we allow our challenges to DEFINE who we truly are, then we are in a sense giving up on ourselves. We are letting our fears and our anxieties be the defining force of how we see ourselves and how others see us as well. We also become victims to the power that we give to our inner fear. It becomes too easy for us to say we can’t do something rather than giving it a try or to place blame on others when things don’t work out the way we expected. If you feel powerless know that you are not alone. Life has a way at throwing things at us that can overwhelm even the most confident, bold and extraordinary of personalities.
I want to share with you the ABC’s of affirming who you are and 7 WAYS to help you take back the power to believing in yourself. I want to see you develop a positive mindset that will not only boost your confidence but give you the POWER to take control of your emotions, your dreams and your strengths!
A–AWARE Be aware of your capabilities!
B–BELIEF Believe in yourself!
C–CONTROL Take control of your actions, emotions and goals!
- GOD’S WORD What better place is there to find answers about ourselves than in God’s word. Take time daily to spend with God in prayer, seeking His direction for your life. Listen to what He has to say about you and feel His love as you take time to worship with Him
- ACCOUNTABILITY Find an accountability partner, who you trust, that you are able to share your struggles with. Give them permission to challenge you, but to also encourage you to be the person God designed you to be.
- JOURNAL Write out your goals and your ambitions. But, also write about the thoughts and feelings you have about yourself. And, when you recognize a lie, denounce it in writing. Celebrate accomplishments.
- TAKE CHANCES Turn the “I can’t” into “I can” and “I will”! Explore activities you have never tried before and give yourself the opportunity to develop a passion for something new and different in your life.
- MAINTAIN POSITIVE ENERGY Escape the negativity that brings you down. Sometimes we even have to separate ourselves from friends or family members who rob us of positivity and recognize, without guilt, that it’s okay to move away from relationships that may be harming you internally.
- Affirmations You are a child of God and you are loved and you are good! Change your mindset about the way you may feel about yourself. Scripture clearly gives us the knowledge of who we truly are in God’s eyes. Write them down and read them out loud about yourself daily.
- HELP OTHERS You are not perfect and neither am I. In fact there are a lot of imperfect people around! As I said, we all have struggles and some of us may have needs that only others can provide. Give of yourself and your time to come along someone else who really needs you or what you have to offer.
Take back the power that has been robbed from you by FOCUSING on YOU! Put more energy in how you feel about where you want to be and less on where you used to be!
I am a child of God. Gal 3:26
I am fearless. Isaiah 43:5
I am mighty in His power. Eph 6:10
The joy of the Lord is my strength. Neh 8:10
I will act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with my God. Micah 6:8
Allow me to help you Reclaim your power and Reclaim your HEALTH in my next online Body & Soul Virtual Gym